We are building Artnerd Society to bring together creative, generous, talented, and relentless people in a way that’s focused, valuable, and all our own.
It has never been easier to connect with people in surface ways while simultaneously being more and more difficult to sustain substantive engagement with one another.
- You shouldn’t have to jump through arbitrary hoops and pay $50,000 in tuition to become a part of a community and culture that values creativity and artistic expression or to access fellow creatives who can help you move forward artistically and professionally.
- You shouldn’t have to jump through even more hoops, uproot from town to town, and suffer one underpaid adjunct job after another to leverage your knowledge, skills, and generosity in order to produce value for your students and peers.
- You shouldn’t have to scroll through endless advertisements, humblebrag posts, and infuriating comments from your great aunt who just discovered Breitbart, to meet and connect with creative people in a meaningful way.
Let’s Create Something Better
We have the potential to correct this and create something new. The means are there, it is just a matter of collaboration and vision.
We are living on the cusp of what will become a massive disruption in the field of education. As creative students, educators and professionals, we have the opportunity to not only participate in that disruption but to lead it.
This disruption won’t come from top down structured MOOCS or trying to jam an extra “A” into dated systems of STEM education. It will come from the incredible power of network effects between individuals who are open enough to listen and generous enough share. Within Artnerd Society, these network effects aren’t harnessed to sell your attention to corporations and advertisers, but to create authentic, meaningful connection between peers who share a deep interest in creating things of value.
This is where the potential of Artnerd Society is most exciting and why – with your participation, creativity and generosity – we can create something profoundly meaningful and valuable for our community and ourselves.
What You Should Expect From Artnerd Society
The community network we will build together will empower all of us to:
- Find inspiration through the work, thought-provoking conversations, and expert perspectives of an ever-growing network of creative professionals.
- Increase our skill sets and make better, more well-informed decisions about our creative and professional practices by collaborating with and learning from fellow members.
- Foster relationships with fellow creatives who share our interests and values by exchanging stories, experiences, and ideas about creative and professional development.
How We Will Build This
To make the vision a reality, we’re going to need your generosity and participation as a member. Every time you contribute a story, experience, or idea, you will be building a foundation of knowledge that every member of Artnerd Society can benefit from.
It doesn’t matter if you are just starting to create things or have been a practicing professional for years. You have stories, questions, experiences and ideas that are valuable and can help build an amazing foundation of engagement and knowledge for the community.
So please join us, post a story, ask a question, share your work, tell us about an amazing or difficult experience you have had creatively or professionally. By joining us you will be adding to the strength and diversity of voices within our community. This will benefit your development directly while also helping others. You will be surprised how much you have in common with your fellow Artnerds and how connecting with their stories and experiences will help you overcome the creative and professional challenges you are facing.
We cannot wait to connect with you and look forward helping you become a substantive part of our Artnerd Society.
Cultivate Your Creativity
Build Your Practice
Share your Calling